Thursday, February 18, 2010

02/01/10 Day 5: Rainy Day at the Studios

After three days of go go go, our bodies were ready for a break. We slept in, and it felt good. Since we had early lunch plans we decided to skip breakfast this morning. Instead we shared a Curly Wurly we had purchased at Epcot on our first day. Breakfast of champions! Our morning sugar rush well under way we headed for MGM... er... Disney's Hollywood Studios. I called it MGM so many times on this trip, that Steevin started calling it that too.

As soon as we stepped off the bus, the clouds just began to dump rain. Oh well, what's a little rain. Our first ride of the day was Rock 'n' Roller Coaster. We waited no time at all. Soon Steven Tyler was inviting us to see their show. We went oot the door and through the "rock-n-roll tough" alley. We stepped into our Stretch Cadillac Limo. Is it just me or is this the MOST uncomfortable roller coaster seat ever? And the most awkward to get out of. Anyway... ZOOOOOM! We were off! Steevin gracelessly climbs out of the ride and proclaims it his "most favorite ride ever"!


 
Just because its raining doesn't  mean we can't wear sunglasses



Waiting for a taxi to take me to Rock 'N' Roller Coaster


That look on Steev's face is called "Pure Enjoyment"

We shopped for a bit at the exit gift shop and Steevin got me a pair of super-cool Mickey Dice for Goldie Hyundai (my car). As we left the store, the rains had stopped and there was a little speck of blue peeping from behind the clouds. YES!!! I took off my sweatshirt and stuffed it in the backpack. We posed for a Photopass guy, walked two steps and then it promptly began raining again. UGH! I fumbled around for my sweatshirt again and put it back on. We headed to The Great Movie Ride. Wheee! When we got off, Steevin looked at me like I was crazy for loving it. Psh... he was just mad because I didn't warn him about the Wizard of Oz part and he despises that movie. Well its his fault for refusing to know anything about the rides before going on them. LOL!
 
Rock on!

As we left the Chinese Theater the "rain" we experienced earlier had turned into a downright monsoon. We darted from shop to shop like everyone else in the whole park to stay dry and mostly just managed to get annoyed by the overcrowding of the stores and rubbing up against other wet tourists. Thankfully it was time for our reservations at the 50's Prime Time cafe. We swam over there and checked in. We sat in the awesome 50's themed living room until "Mom" called us to lunch. I think this place would be SO much fun with a large group... like my noisy family. I'm sure the waitstaff would have an awesome time. Apparently I was very thirsty because I downed my diet coke and our waiter brought me three glasses more at once. We got onion rings for an appetizer. They came with this horseradish sauce that was amazing. I asked for more of it for my pot roast and Steevs had fried chicken that was honestly about half a chicken. It was WAY more food than one person needed.
 
Steev watched TV while waiting to be called to lunchers

We walked off our lunch by strolling and wading through the rain all the way to Lights, Motors, Action! THe theater wasn't full but everyone gravitated to the drier seats in the middle. The show was loud and awesome even though they had to drive slower than usual due the the extra slick conditions. Nothing says Disney fun like a man on fire! Am I right?! Yay, fire!! We headed over to the Backlot Tour. I have to say that I think this is one of Disney's weakest attractions. Maybe it was better, you know, when it used to actually be USED as a STUDIO. They need to find a way to keep Catastrophe Canyon and use it for something else because that is prime land that could be used for something a lot more exciting that looking at a costuming warehouse that isn't being used and the old spaceship Max from "Flight of the Navigator". (And I am saying that as someone who loves that movie.) Still, Catastrophe Canyon was as catastrophic as always and again, I do love the fire! The crazy thing was that it was raining so hard it was really difficult to tell when they turned on the "rain" for the set.


 
Earful Towers


Goggle Cat and the fountain from Splash which was one of my favorite movies as a kid



Goggle Steev?



Woo hoo! Coke!


Hot Set for sure! Check me out. LOL!


Steevin is more fun than a Barrel of Monkeys


Giant Speak and Spell. How fitting because Steev can't speak and I can't spell.


We canoed our way to the Beauty and the Beast stage show. Steevin's favorite Disney Princess ever is Belle. And who doesn't love themselves some Gaston? Steevin and I do, that's for sure. Steevin and Gaston both love to look at themselves in the mirror. If I lose Steev at the Mall, I just go back to the last mirror I remember passing and I usually find Steev there, checking himself out. LOL! The show was cute. You have to adjust from being used to seeing the HUGE productions they put on at Anaheim (like Aladdin) and get used to the smaller scale they do their shows at in Florida but once you do that its enjoyable.


How our home life looks...


Since we were in the are we hit up Rock 'n' Roller Coaster again and then headed over to Indy. It was a shorter show than usual. Because of the rain they had to cut out the "airplane" scene. As we exited the show, we realized that it had stopped raining again. We spent the next 2 hours on the Streets of America taking pictures of ourselves because we hadn't really gotten to take the camera out much with all the rain. We had the best time just being goofy and hanging out together. There was almost no one there. The rain scared a lot of people away and it was almost closing time (though there was Extra Magic Hours) so it was like we had the whole area to ourselves. When we finally finished, we walked past a Cast Member working at "Youse Guys Moychundice" (my most favorite name for a shop ever!) who asked if we had a good time taking all the pictures. LOL! So we had Cast Member Brandon in a picture with us too.


 
Ewoks ahead!!


"Look! I'm a Jedi!"



Thumbs up!


Chillaxin' on the stoop


I think Steev is biting my butt here... or I'm farting on him. I'm not sure what's going on.
 
Sad Steev


Happy Steev!


Love across a fence


Smooch!


SEXAY!


"Carry me!"


"Oof, you're heavy!"



Awesome in the air shot!


Sappy but super-cute heart shot



Awesome Cast Member Shot



On our way out of the park we took a picture of the Big Ass Hat and then rode the Great Movie Ride one more time. We were hungry and it was begining to rain again so we smooshed our wet selves onto the bus to the Pop and ate dinner at the Everything Pop before calling it a night.

 A magical day!

1 comment:

  1. You got him on the Great Movie Ride twice?!?!?!?
    Dad

    ReplyDelete